As of this morning, 9:30 am, November 8th, 2007, .Mac syn has been in maintenance for 20 days. I have read the forums, looked at the suggestions, and am not satisfied by any solutions posted there. I have also put in a ticket with Apple support, and have received a reply, essentially saying if I still have a problem after the maintenance is over, to let them know.
I am willing to give Apple lots of leeway, but almost 3 weeks is enough!
If you are using the sync services, my recommendation for now is to not sync, even thought the Apple says Mac to Mac syncing is working. There are too many reports in the forums to the contrary, so I'm simply staying away.
Please check the status of .Mac on this page:
I plan on waiting until all lights are green.